About Labels

If you would like to see all the pictures of one type of bird select the LABLE below.

NOW! Over 350 diffuerent birds! See the new Sandhill Crane colts

See travel notes

Our trip to Discovery Cove & Orlando, FL2016 is now posted

and more to come (Click photos to enlarge)


Apr 27, 2010

Wildlife (Note on Hummingbirds)

I have managed to capture through the lens, 7 varieties of hummingbirds. They are the most challaging to take pictures of because of their speed. What I love is to see if I can capture their colours as the sun hits them. Where the tiny feathers seem to be black can turn out to be red, blue, or even purple in colour.
I had a chance to go to the Hummingbird Aviary at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. This was fantastic and well recomended to any hummingbird lover. Contact me and I will freely send you the Museum's guide to maintaining hummingbirds in your back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment